1. Sidewalks EVERYWHERE!
2. Beaver lake- Fun paved trail run with the hill of death that gets me EVERY time!
3. On post races every other month. It’s a great idea even though they lack creativity by reusing the same 5k and 10k LAME course every single time ! ( BTW St. Patties day race this Saturday if anyone wants to join me )
4. The fear of Alligators makes me run JUST A LITTLE bit faster knowing that some of the lakes on post claim to be homes to my FAVORITE creatures 😐
5. Running past every building and neighborhood on post makes you feel like Dean Karnazes.
6. Nothing makes you feel like a BA than passing US Soldiers in their PTs.
7. Seeing an Apache flying directly overhead not only sends chills down my spine, it reminds me of why we are living in beautiful lower Alabama.
8. It is hard to find places that you can run longer distances without hitting bad neighborhoods. Fort Rucker is extremely safe. Especially compared to an un-named place where M was forced to stay connected to me via iphone as I thought a hooded creeper was about to pull a gun out on me… just kidding MOM that never happened 🙂
9. The sound of Chinooks, Blackhawks, Apaches, and Kiowas have begun to blend in with Metallica, Katy Perry, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Taio Cruz, Travie McCoy, 3Oh!3, and AC/DC BEAUTIFULLY!
10. You get to see this on the side of the road and imagine the story that it has to tell.